Hello From Atlanta

Stuttering Forum Forums Introduce Yourself Hello From Atlanta

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  IvanW7 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

IvanW7
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m Ivan and I’m glad I found this forum. I rarely stutter now but I do have moments and I do have situations where I get anxious and it comes up. I’ve stuttered for most of my life but not bad. I’m sure many of you have been in my shoes. I’ve had times in my life where I feel like I stuttered all the time and I’ve altered my life around it. Then I’d also had months where I don’t stutter at all. I’ve had times when I get nervous to answer the phone or order at a restaurant because I hate the possibility of stuttering and at the same time I can publicly speak and not stutter at all.

At this point in my life, I’m in my 30s I rarely stutter in most situations but at certain times I still have issues with it. Not big ones, but I do have issues with it. In work meetings if I’m nervous I’ll stutter the whole way through and cut my presentation short because I know I’m having trouble getting my words out. Days like yesterday I was confident in the meeting and didn’t stutter once. That’s kinda been my life in a nutshell. lol. I’m sure that’s most of you.

I’m glad I found a forum becuase generally I don’t talk about stuttering with anyone. I hate talking about it. If someone who stutters brings it up I feel more comfortable but generally I never talk about it.

Don’t want to talk your ear off, just introducing myself here. 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.